First, professional development characteristics
(1) Modularization of the curriculum: According to different majors, the students can cultivate the focus expertise and make connection to the hospitality industries.
(2) Learning, Internship, Employment, and Entrepreneurship: Through the design of different stages such as curriculum planning, teaching activities, counseling mechanisms, and work experience, we will educate a full range of industrial talents.
(3) Diversification of teachers and facilities: Most of the teachers have practical experience in the industry, and classrooms are equipped with the advanced facilities to enhance the teaching quality.
Second, the characteristics of talent cultivation
(1) Training: Leading students to conduct technical training, license counselling, participate in competitions, undertake professional services, and present their learning in various achievements.
(2) Attitude: Cultivating students who have good reputation, and high evaluation in enterprises.
(3) Image: In addition to professional training, the department emphasizes soft power and employment competitiveness.
Third, the practical teaching features
(1) Linkage government-industry-university resources: Introduce industrial resources, arrange industrial exchanges and visits, invite professional teachers to teach at school, and expand students' horizons.
(2) Promoting internship courses: Let students actually experience the practical work environment.
(3) Deepen practical teaching: The practical course accounts for more than 50%. The course content meets the industry demand and current situation. Through different teaching methods, learning could apply in employment.
In order to meet the demand of the industry and the future development trend. The educational goals of this department are as follows:
(1) Cultivating professionals with on-site management knowledge of the hospitality industry
(2) Cultivating professionals with food production knowledge of the hospitality industry
(3) Cultivating professionals with entrepreneurial knowledge of the hospitality industry
(4) Cultivating professionals with excellent service attitudes in the hospitality industry
This department is responsible for the implementation of the curriculum concept of " pragmatic, and employment-oriented", deepen the soft power of students' employment, and consider the educational goals, the required ability of the workplace, the career path and the industrial positioning demand in formulating the core competence of students. The core competencies of the students are as follows:
1. The basic management ability of the hospitality industry
2. The food production development capabilities of hospitality products
3. The meal service capacity
4. The entrepreneurship in hospitality industry
5. Information integration and application capabilities
6. Interpersonal interaction and communication skills
7. Basic foreign language ability
8. Logical thinking and problem solving ability